Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SC Solo Species #22

It's hard to not know what a Cinnamon Teal drake is in flight, once you've seen one, and know what to look for. It was an overcast day when I hunted them in California, and they were still darker than any bird in the sky. Just a solid dark underbelly, no line in the chest like most drakes, and you can pick out drakes from hens pretty easy. They look like miniature Black Ducks, they are so dark. I shot two drakes that day, and as a whole, the group had 6. Saw a bunch more, flying high.

Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    I drool thinking about a fully plummed cinnamon.
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    loose lips sink ships.
    The listserv has long been a go to scouting tool.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I deleted that after about 3 seconds.

& True. I started using it about 3-4 years ago.....after reading about it on here....

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    I deleted that after about 3 seconds.

& True. I started using it about 3-4 years ago.....after reading about it on here....

It works too.
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    That's two good ones - I should have guessed the cinnamon.
    The one I killed was during teal season in Sept. I've seen two or three in the last month though. The northward migration is starting out here, so I'm hoping to connect with one these last two weekends. It's hard to not go all Sumter-like on them in Feb. and March. They are everywhere...and dressed to impress, of course. I mean, it's just ONE little bird, right?
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I open the eyes of every teal I kill during the teal season looking for a red-eyed beauty.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggin View Post
    I Shot a common merg in a marsh pothole while teal hunting this year. Never even seen one before then.
    You got a picture?
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Without a doubt I have shot a few drake commons in SC. I will usually shoot a few a year, along with RB's. Last year, I shot one of each, and remember pointing out the differences to my hunting partner. I have only killed them in one place. RH, you can guess exactly where I spend most my time. I don't shoot Hoodeds but am hard on big drake mergs.

Of course I dont have a picture. I don't find them very photogenic.

I will do my best to take a pic tomorrow if one graces me with its presence.
    Last edited by sprigdog; 01-18-2014 at 05:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Well done!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    You got a picture?
    Negative.