Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 week

Ten 4
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

Y'all don't go taking the wind out of his sails. Just have fun, it's your first trip so enjoy it no matter how many birds you kill. Take lots of pics to remember it by. Don't pass up woodies thinking you're to good to shoot em.

Sorry tee...I wasn't trying to be a dick. Just don't get bummed out if it's slow first thing in the am when it's froze up. My whole point was good things come to those who wait. IV had guides try and pack it in around 9 o'clock when we hadn't killed a bird. I told them, I paid them to hunt were gonna sit here and hunt. Sometimes nothing happened...other hunts we ended up leaving at 11 with a strap full of mallards. Enjoy the trip, it's really cool feeing the sights. Especially on your first trip. I hope to god someone will dump my ashes in the flooded timber someday. It's a neat place to be.

Low and in the teens is never good in Ark.. Ever
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Go South.
    More fuel = more boost!!

The guys we hunted with in Arkansas last week had two ice heaters in the decoy spread running over night with a generator.

Quote Originally Posted by duckstruction View Post
    The guys we hunted with in Arkansas last week had two ice heaters in the decoy spread running over night with a generator.

I ate salmon tonight for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post

I beg to differ. Depends on what you have to work with.

11 days and never got above freezing. We killed about 800 on that run. And never got in the pit until 10 o'clock.

80-20 Genaration

No matter how bad it is Tee, it will be the best duck hunting you have seen so far. Have a safe trip and good luck bud!

I will be heading west on new years day but it will be further south this year.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Good luck and have fun Tee.
    "It's like dejavu all over again"
    "90% of the game is half mental" Yogi Berra

I'm not going this year and I'm kicking myself in the ass every day for not going. Next year, different story.

Good luck.
    Last edited by ShotgunDave; 12-03-2013 at 10:09 PM.
    HRCH DL's Black Kentucky Shine SH "Colby"
    HR Devil's Dirty Little Secret "Tessa"

2015 1760dbst Havoc & 90 HP Yamaha 2 Stroke

I'm headed out there in January for a week. Missed Arkansas last year for the first time in a long time.

Enjoy it while you're there, and get gas before you hit arkadelphia hwy. or whatever that long ass road with nothing on it is called.

Heading to Missouri on the 15th, it will be the experience of a lifetime and it will more than likely become a yearly thing for you. Going off of what Duckman said, it depends what you have to work with, frozen isn't ideal of course but it is still doable. Do whatever it takes and hunt hard! Goodluck and have a blast.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. - unknown

Originally Posted by 295PRO
    This is my theory. If I order a 16oz steak and they bring me 15oz of bone and 1oz of meat we got a problem. But bring me 15 oz of meat and 1oz of bone and I'll leave with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by billymo2 View Post
    Heading to Missouri on the 15th, it will be the experience of a lifetime and it will more than likely become a yearly thing for you. Going off of what Duckman said, it depends what you have to work with, frozen isn't ideal of course but it is still doable. Do whatever it takes and hunt hard! Goodluck and have a blast.

Shit looks frozen as hell and you're holding dead shit.

I plan on having a good time. I'm getting out of SC for 5 days and hunting. Killing shit will just add to the experience.

You'll have a blast man! Like others have said take pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    and get gas before you hit arkadelphia hwy. or whatever that long ass road with nothing on it is called.
    Truth.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

But D, for MOST fields is it ever good for it to be in the "low in the teens"?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    I beg to differ. Depends on what you have to work with.

11 days and never got above freezing. We killed about 800 on that run. And never got in the pit until 10 o'clock.

Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

It's never good for it to be in the teens, like said previously, mid 30s, sunny, and 12-15 mph wind is ideal. But if it's frozen, you don't just pack it up and go home of course. Tee, have a good trip my man keep up posted on how everything is going and what weather is like. Goodluck again
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. - unknown

This is my theory. If I order a 16oz steak and they bring me 15oz of bone and 1oz of meat we got a problem. But bring me 15 oz of meat and 1oz of bone and I'll leave with a smile.

I understand that "teen" temperatures are not good for most fields. I spoke with the outfitter yesterday and he clearly stated they had means of keeping the fields open in event of very low temperatures. He may be full of shit, but he already has our money so I highly doubt he would lie. But it is possible. These fellas have been nothing but great to work with throughout this whole planning. Im going to have a blast if it's in teens then it's in the teens. I don't have much of a say so in it.

Damn right! That's the most important thing, enjoy the experience. That's more than half the fun out there, between the sights and different types of hunting. Killin em is kinda fun too though