Thread: My two best (A little long)

Default My two best (A little long)

Got the first one on 10/20 at first light. Not much of a story here. In the food plot before first light. Sun came up I shot the deer. Ran about 40 yards.
    IMG_20131020_073031_728.jpg
    Second one on 10/25 little better story. Walked in to the stand about 0545 and sprayed a tall weed in the middle of the trail down with buck bomb doe estrus. About 0600 heard a deer behind me, and I turn around to see a deer standing exactly where I had just sprayed the scent. He walks up the ridge and out of my life 20 minutes before legal light. About 0635 three deer walk out in the food plot to my right (Sitting next to some power lines can see about 350 yards). The biggest bodied deer picks a fight with one of the smaller ones and throws him on the ground. Crazy stuff deer has four legs pointing strait up in the air. Anyway, loser deer gets up and hauls ass as fast as he can. The remaining two deer respond to a grunt call and head towards me. It is still too dark for me to tell how big they are, but they get within 40 yards before disapearing into the woods. I have been in the stand less than an hour and it is by far the most exciting hunt of my life. At 0815 I see a deer walk across the food plot to my left. The deer is over 350 yds and I can tell it is a buck without scope or binos. I grunt twice and he dissapears in the trees. I look back up a few seconds later and he is in the middle of the plot walking to me on a rope. When he gets to two hundred yards he dips into the trees on my left. At this point I know he is going to come right behind my stand where I placed the scent earlier. I get rearranged in the stand and put my scope on the grass I sprayed down. I didn't have to wait long. About 30 seconds later (it felt like hours) he walks out like he owns the place. He went about 30 yards strait back to the truck saving me a little dragging.
    IMG_20131025_094216_806.jpg
    Killed them both with a 7mm remington 700. My two cents on deer hunting invest in good optics. The best you can afford. I have a meopta meostar 3x12-56 and some nikon monarch 12x56 binos. I could see everyone of these deer clearly before legal light got close. I couldn't see how big the horns were but before I upgraded my optics I wouldn't have even known they were there.

hell of a week, congrats

very nice! congrats. A lot of good deer died this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Second hunt sounds fun.

Both nice bucks.

There is a legal time for deer? Who knew.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Very nice! Congrats on the kills

Congrats!

Good work..
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

well done. X2 on optics.

So you were grunting at deer in the dark, before you could see to shoot them?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    There is a legal time for deer? Who knew.

Yep, when I can see them

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post
    So you were grunting at deer in the dark, before you could see to shoot them?
    Congrats, the man killed not (1) but (2) dandy bucks and all you take away from his post is you're wondering if he grunted in the dark? Apparently whatever he did worked........nit picky mofo's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Good killin.
    Windows Down!

When I grunted at the deer it was after legal light. I could have shot them. I grunted at them hoping it would get them to hang around long enough for me to get a look at their head gear.

nice horns!

Two fine looking bucks man!
    Last edited by duckiller; 10-28-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.