Thread: Good killing

Default Good killing

This past Wednesday, I had come home and made a delicious pot roast. The air was chilly and the fresh pot of rice and warm pot roast was calling my name. I fill a nice bowl full and seconds before I sat down I get a text from my grandfather. Reluctantly I open the message and read, "Shot a deer, need help loading it." My mind screamed DAMN IT since that was a 30 minute drive, but I texted ok and hopped in the truck to head that way.
    Then I get there and the old man had done it right.

This morning, I got up early to go sit with my sister in a stand we have been safe guarding all season. Its a known killing spot, for deer and turkeys.
    Early morning came with one small 8 pt out checking the food plot. He was acting a little skittish, stomping and carrying on by himself. I had no clue what he was doing or what he might be stomping at so we just sat and watched. 15 minutes later he eased back into the woods and within a minute a coyote popped out winding the whole food plot and making her way towards the area the buck had gone back into the woods, but not before stopping to look at the tree stand we were sitting in. Big mistake on her part. I sent 62 grains of lunch eating hell her way and she cut a flip on impact. I was pumped for finally catching one of these pests with a rifle in hand.

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Good killin
    Bone....

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

nicely done, its insides are on the outside
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Default Good killing

Heck yes!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Good work to both of you.

(that food plot needs work)
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Damn at that beard son. I think you shot my dog. Don't know if I'm more impressed with your grandpappy's deer or that he can text. Good killin.

Very nice!
    Hunting outside the box

That corner of the food plot got hammered early on so it's a little sparse, next year it'll get a double seeding.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

good on you for getting up and helping your grandpa. There will be a time when you will be wishing you would get another one of those text, I promise!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.