Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crow Court

Possession of lead shot while waterfowl hunting is illegal. If you were waterfowl hunting and switched to crow hunting you would likely be cited for having lead shot.

I agree that shooting lead shot doesn't make sense over the water but you can shoot doves over a dry field with lead shot and then flood the field and you have to have non-toxic for ducks.

Many state lands elsewhere require non-toxic for any hunting.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

You do have to go back to the truck and put all the duck stuff up and decoys, calls, etc and then get the "crow" stuff out. I asked them both if they thought that would be illegal and they said that "they did not know" and they would not have a problem with it....as long as we did not have any evidence of duck hunting in the boat. Didn't not matter if it was river, pond or lake......

MW
    Hey!.. There's a Crow! Shoot That Black Bastard!

By the way, I do not carry lead while duck hunting, too much of a risk.....it is not worth it..

I have shot a many a crow with tungstun and steel shot though..

I have shot a many a crow with tungstun and steel shot though..
    You shoot crows with Tungsten?
    To me a crow ain't worth that $2.50...

Not me I bought 40 boxes of Tungnstun for 4.00 a box, they had it priced wrong and bought every damn box they had........

I don't shoot crows when duck hunting anyway. It is already hard enough as it is, especially on public

I have got tons of crows around where I live and hunt but can not seem to do anything with them. Will get one to come to a call once in awhile but not often.

You need to get the fightin crow cd. They come like it was a gang bang.

do you let the first crow go like I have heard or do you shoot all that come!

I hunted crows once out of an old barn up in Chesnee...had a blast, they would all circle and when you had a "murder" close, went in firing at will, then hide, if you had one flopping on the ground, let him flop...soon his buddies and nest mates would descend upon him and try to pick him apart, then lay into those. Damnedest thing I have ever seen.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Shoot em when you can, cause as soon as they see you, they are gone. Hopefully there will be more behind them. 10 minutes and it's all over and time to move to a new spot.