Thread: Gadwall for Christmas

Me and My father decided last night to go try em this morning, my God it was WET!!!!
    the birds flew good, and we saw one other boat.
    He had 2 mallards and a bluewing.
    We left the hole at 8:25 with 4 gadwall, 1 widgeon, 1 woodrow, 2 ringos, and a hairy head for you Merg!!
    HuntinCosta, we smoked em in the hole you thought Costa might get eaten by a gator.
    You were right there was an 8fter that cruised by the dekes at daylight.
    Merry Christmas fellas, ya'll have a good one.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

IF I get a new camera for Christmas and can have someone show me how to get them on the computer I'll post the pics.
    Oh, ya'll have to see this woodrow i shot, pretty weird. Its a hen, but has ALOT of drake features.
    It has a chesnut breast and the black and white bands in front of the wing like a drake.
    It has white on its face, and one white streak down its head.
    but its definitely a hen, unless its both!!!
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

dammit, I knew we shoulda went hunting. Dammit.

Good Job B, Now go enjoy christmas with the family!

Merry Christmas!

It was worth the shooting, but i was so wet.
    It looked like someone sprayed me with a hose for 15 minutes.
    We probably could have filled the limit, but Dad was wet, and he as gotten alot less serious about it these past years.
    He said "ok, lets pick em up, we got enough", and as soon as he unloaded the gun, a drake pate decoyed out of no where, and i splashed him in the spread.
    i rode home in my drawers, with the heat blasting on my twig and berries

Bogster- Great way to celebrate Christmas morning! My report...It was not raining where I was. Spent most of the morning thinking about Jesus' birth, why He came to earth, and the grace I have received! Had two blacks fly by at about twenty yards 10 minutes before legal time but didn't shoot. Killed one bufflehead drake (duckmaster will be happy!). Had one group of 22 blacks come into the marsh I was hunting but didn't come close enough (200 yards)! Nonetheless, it was a beautiful sight, and I will return in the AM! Hope everyone has a great Christmas!
    Ducks Commander

I was wondering when you were going to show up again.
    Hope you and the family are having a good christmas, tell em all i said hey.
    yeah, DuckMaster is a buffle swattin fool.
    DM, was that you Saturday on the flats??
    I passed by and thought it was you.
    Let me know if you need help on those chocolates, its a shame to have so many, and only be able to kill one.
    Merry Christmas.

If only.....................

Congrats on the good hunt!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!