Thread: Hundreds if not Thousands

of hooded mergansers. We hunted at Bear Island this morning and all four of us "limited out." I did manage to kill two Ruddy ducks. I've heard alot of stories about that place and unfortunately today,it did not live up to the reputation. I will say at about 6:40 this morning the orange was in the sky and the ducks were already flying, It was a beautiful site to see.
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.

You limited out on Hooded Merganser's or did you shoot 6 ducks and your 1 Hoodie?

Also how did those Ruddies look (plumage)?
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Lowcountry duck hunting is really getting tough. I've been twice and all I've seen is a couple of merganzers and 1 buffle head. My wood duck hole was drained by wetvaco to plant pine trees, wetlands act doesn't apply to pine tree farms, and no ducks on the lake. I guess I'm going to have to travel to kill a few ducks.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog

Originally posted by squatty420:
    You limited out on Hooded Merganser's or did you shoot 6 ducks and your 1 Hoodie?

Also how did those Ruddies look (plumage)?
    Ruddys are in color in the summer time. Its hard to tell the hens from the drakes this time of year. There are taxidermist out there that use hair dye to color the feathers for people that want them mounted
    Science can put 10,000 horsepower in a motor but science cannot put the love of god in a mans heart....Jack Miner

Limit of Mergies.
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.

2 guns

2 woodrows

Shot one fat ass hen, never seen one that big before, she was a slightly larger than a gadwall.

2 guns, 2 woodrows. Done early.
    S.C. - Standing alone against Northern aggression since 1861 (LAT)

one gun

didn't kill shit, saw a ton of woodies in south Ga (oconee river)
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.