Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Have F150 Ecoboost

I love mine. I had some issues at 1100 miles with a transmission bearing but warranty covered it and I haven't had a problem since. It's a 2011 fx4 and I already have 67000 miles on it.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    That is actually pretty good for an outdoorsman's truck. Lower gear ratios, towing engines, 4 wheel drive, all terrain or mud terrain tires, stiffer suspensions. all these things take away from the MPG.
    Go back and read it one more time. I was making a joke.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    Do you have the big elephant ear mirrors?
    I don't think I do. These appear to be standard mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy06 View Post
    I'd be pissed if I could only get 16.8 mph out my truck.

Try driving around Mt Pleasant for a day and we will compare.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy06 View Post
    Go back and read it one more time. I was making a joke.
    Missed it, sorry.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I think the big ear mirrors are standard with HD tow package. Nice truck. Reason I ask, is the HD tow package, I think, comes with the 3.73. You probably have a 3.55, which is great. I know the 3.73 kills mileage.
    Last edited by jwilliams; 09-25-2013 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by mctruluck09 View Post
    Try driving around Mt Pleasant for a day and we will compare.
    Again, go back and read it one more time. There is a joke in there.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

I think the big ear mirrors are standard with HD tow package. Nice truck. Reason I ask, is the HD tow package, I think, comes with the 3.73. You probably have a 3.55, which is great. I know the 3.73 kills mileage.
    You're probably exactly right. It came with the electric towing brake system so I assumed. Whatever it is I'm tickled to death with the mpg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Both of our trucks had the 3.73.....I have 75k on my '12 with a 5.0.....he has about 45k on his EB.....first gas truck for me 17 years....it is ALOT better than the diesels I have had in the past as far as comfort and ride but I will be back in a GMC end of this year....interior and seats are more comfortable for my tastes....dont particularly care for the 6 spd tranny either

I hear dodge is getting good milage outta that 8sp tranny they just came out with... I'd be intrested to see how it tows

ok here is my .02. i have had a 97 f150 extra cab , 2005 f150 4 door , 2011 tundra 4 door , and now a 2012 f150 EB 4 door , all were bought brand new. by far the EB is better than the others that i have had . 421 lbs. torque , 365 hp. and all the leg room you could need. i like the 36 gallon gas tank that i got in mine because you can go 2 1/2 weeks sometimes without having to fill up. the EB is a strong engine with great get -up to it. your millage will vary depending on your driving style but i average around 17/18 mpg and that is city/hwy. decent for a full size truck. the other ford trucks that i mentioned had good power but nothing comparable to the EB. now the tundra had good hp but the mpg aint worth it at all and the torque is less than the EB at 410 lbs. take off and top end speed is about the same between the 2 trucks and the 26 gallon tank in the tundra sucked cause you had to fill up atleast once a week. if you lift any truck AT ALL you will compromize the MPG. I PUT A LEVELING KIT ON THE TUNDRA AND GOT 11 MPG and after 5 months of it i got rid of it for the 2012 f 150 and could be more happy with it.

2014 Silverado gets better fuel economy with a 5.3 V8 than the Eco Boost.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

EFF anything from GMC or Chevy............. OBAMA Motor Co...
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Default Re: Anyone Have F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Foie Gras View Post
    2014 Silverado gets better fuel economy with a 5.3 V8 than the Eco Boost.
    It also cuts down to a 4cyl at "cruising" speed... just something else to fuck up and cost a bunch of money...

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    It also cuts down to a 4cyl at "cruising" speed... just something else to fuck up and cost a bunch of money...

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Like a twin turbo V6 with nearly twice as many moving parts doesn't increase the potential of problems with the EB? if you're going to argue, at least try to make a little bit of sense when you do it.....

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by scandler View Post
    ok here is my .02. i have had a 97 f150 extra cab , 2005 f150 4 door , 2011 tundra 4 door , and now a 2012 f150 EB 4 door , all were bought brand new. by far the EB is better than the others that i have had . 421 lbs. torque , 365 hp. and all the leg room you could need. i like the 36 gallon gas tank that i got in mine because you can go 2 1/2 weeks sometimes without having to fill up. the EB is a strong engine with great get -up to it. your millage will vary depending on your driving style but i average around 17/18 mpg and that is city/hwy. decent for a full size truck. the other ford trucks that i mentioned had good power but nothing comparable to the EB. now the tundra had good hp but the mpg aint worth it at all and the torque is less than the EB at 410 lbs. take off and top end speed is about the same between the 2 trucks and the 26 gallon tank in the tundra sucked cause you had to fill up atleast once a week. if you lift any truck AT ALL you will compromize the MPG. I PUT A LEVELING KIT ON THE TUNDRA AND GOT 11 MPG and after 5 months of it i got rid of it for the 2012 f 150 and could be more happy with it.
    I've had an 04, 06, 08, 10, 13 F150...all the 5.4 except the 13. The fuel mileage is about the same with my eb as the 5.4, but I would still take the EB due to the towing. FYI, I have been specially ordering the 35.7 gallon fuel tanks for 3 trucks now....Tis the bomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I've had an 04, 06, 08, 10, 13 F150...all the 5.4 except the 13. The fuel mileage is about the same with my eb as the 5.4, but I would still take the EB due to the towing. FYI, I have been specially ordering the 35.7 gallon fuel tanks for 3 trucks now....Tis the bomb.
    I don't have those huge ugly arse mirrors on mine...I have the 3.55 in a 2010 platinum. With 34.1 inch bfg all terrains running 73-75 il get 17 mpg all day. Around town it varies from 14.5-16. This is with the 5.4. I could not be any happier with it. If you care about the interior of a truck, Ford is the way to go. I looked at a 2014 LTZ chevy the other day and they still haven't caught up to mine in 2010. Pulling my bote I get 7-8. I would love to get in a eb just to see how much better it pulled it. The last two gm's with the 5.3 I had started losing oil.

In response to the fella asking about the new Ram 1500 4x4, V6 with 8 speed transmission, I bought one back in June and have enjoyed it. I bet I'm getting on avg 20mpg. I have gotten 22 mpg. I used to drive a frontier and pulled a Jon boat. Well I sold that boat and now have a 19' bay boat. So its hard to compare. I definitely know its back there, but it pulls it fine. I'd estimate I get 14mpg towing it. My truck doesn't have all the bells and whistles as the F150's I've seen, which is fine with me. It does have the electric brake control, but my trailer is single axle, so it does me no good. Big mirrors that can turn up for hauling. I won't drive it longer than 95000 miles, so I won't have it but for another 1.5 years. I bought the extended bumper to bumper warranty just in case that transmission wears out.
    Law don't go round here Lawdog

Interior on the new Ford's is unbeatable. I am 6'7" and can stretch out in the back.

Buddy of mine had a 11 or 12 with the ecoboost for a while. It would flat out pull the shiz out of his 24' Hurricane. He had around 34" tires on it and was getting somewhere around 3-5 mpg better than my older GMC.

One of my clients got one and wanted to install a winch in some manner down in the bumper. It would not work because of the cooler stuck down there. He was not happy. Apparantly this is a drawback of the turbo cooler
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.