Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone Have F150 Ecoboost

Pulling a trailer with a crew cab Ranger on it to Joanna and back I Average 14mpg from Greenville

2014 Ecoboost
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    Since we are bringing up old threads. I've got a 14' with 36,000 ++ miles. 17 mpg highway if I drive her easy. Pulled a 14 foot tandem enclosed trailer today 125 miles round trip. 11.2. That sucks. I don't know what the Eco gets but it has got to be better than that. A while back I pulled a 17 jon boat from CHS to Greenville and back and got 12.

Leveled with a size bigger tires.
    a leveling kit and bigger tires dont help much for the gas millage , and with that size trailer 11.2 isnt awful.
    my "12 now has 53000 on it . put new tires on it that are bigger that factory and it has efected the overall gas millage. with this set-up i avarage 16 on it .next set of tires i will go back to original size. first trip this year to arkansas i pulled a 14ft. trailer with a crew cab ranger 900xp ,and dog box in the bed .the avarage speed was between 80-85 mph and the gas millage was 10.3 . friday we will be going back and we will not be pulling anything , only a dog box in the bed. ill let you know the avg. when we return.

Anyone who says they like the 5.4 over the 5.0 isn't driving the same truck the rest of the tens of thousands of Americans are. The ecoboost will pull as good as the 5.0 but here's what's nobody's telling you, you're gonna get WAY LESS fuel mileage when you hook that ecoboost to your boat rather than the 5.0. Who in their right mind would buy a full size truck with a V6? I don't care how many turbos they out on it. I had the 5.4 for years, and now have a 2011 5.0. You won't regret it, especially when you go to haul a load.
    Last edited by HydroMan; 02-11-2015 at 03:12 AM.

Only a woman would have a full size truck with a V6

“The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

Quote Originally Posted by HydroMan View Post
    Only a woman would have a full size truck with a V6
    fact! Damn good post hydroman
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Anyone who says they like the 5.4 over the 5.0 isn't driving the same truck the rest of the tens of thousands of Americans are. The ecoboost will pull as good as the 5.0 but here's what's nobody's telling you, you're gonna get WAY LESS fuel mileage when you hook that ecoboost to your boat rather than the 5.0. Who in their right mind would buy a full size truck with a V6? I don't care how many turbos they out on it. I had the 5.4 for years, and now have a 2011 5.0. You won't regret it, especially when you go to haul a load.

I disagree. I get the same fuel economy, maybe a hair better, pulling my 22' bay boat in my 14 F150 with ecoboost as I did in my 13 with 5.0. Same rear end.

I also got the same fuel economy pulling the same boat in a 14 silverado with the 5.3 ecotec.

I have owned all three in the past 18 months.

I purchased my 2013 EB 4x4 last October after having previously owned a 5.4 F150. The EB will smoke the 5.4 in every category that any one of you yahoos can think of. Plenty of power, torque and speed and it does it all with a 3:55 gear ratio. So far it has been trouble free and it seems to average 16.8 according to the computer. Never have checked the gas mileage myself…

The truck spends most of it’s time pulling horses, boats and a utility trailer.

The crew cab has an amazing amount of room in the back. Hell, my kids fight over who gets to sit in the back, not in the front. How about that?

I think Ford has a winner here…

Quote Originally Posted by Drylok View Post
    I purchased my 2013 EB 4x4 last October after having previously owned a 5.4 F150. The EB will smoke the 5.4 in every category that any one of you yahoos can think of. Plenty of power, torque and speed and it does it all with a 3:55 gear ratio. So far it has been trouble free and it seems to average 16.8 according to the computer. Never have checked the gas mileage myself…

The truck spends most of it’s time pulling horses, boats and a utility trailer.

The crew cab has an amazing amount of room in the back. Hell, my kids fight over who gets to sit in the back, not in the front. How about that?

I think Ford has a winner here…
    Ive just been sitting back watching this thread but i have two buddies that both have 150s. One has a EB and the other has the 5.4. The one with the 5.4 will tell you himself that the EB will flat out embarass the 5.4 in every category just as drylok said.

Still enjoying my EB 2013. It has proven itself to me.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

The EB and the 5.0 are both good engines. I wouldn't insult either of them by comparing them to the 5.4. Sorry EB and 5.0, we know...

When the mind fails to comprehend, the body must be punished.

So I filled up on Wednesday with 93 octane non ethanol gas as an experiment... I've gotten about 4mpg better this tank at interstate speeds than ever before

Put the phone up and drive before you kill someone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Conservative View Post
    So I filled up on Wednesday with 93 octane non ethanol gas as an experiment... I've gotten about 4mpg better this tank at interstate speeds than ever before
    I don't think I have ever put an 93 octane in mine. I think I was supposed to... I am trying that experiment today.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

^^ spoken by a fellar that has never driven one.

I have had 6 F150's. The last two with EB. 3.73 rear. The 5.4/5.0 is no comparison pulling a load. Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    ^^ spoken by a fellar that has never driven one.

I have had 6 F150's. The last two with EB. 3.73 rear. The 5.4/5.0 is no comparison pulling a load. Not even close.

Actually, I have driven quite a few EB's. Just never owned one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Conservative View Post
    Hopefully you were rollin 65 to the gas station...

I had a 5.4 06 or 07 F150 for about 2 months. It got 12 mpg going downhill with a tailwind and about 6 mpg pulling my boat on flat land. Put new BFG's and new plugs in it right after I bought it used. Got rid of that POS and went back to a diesel.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I'm ready to tune one.
    More fuel = more boost!!