Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Have F150 Ecoboost

Default Anyone Have F150 Ecoboost

If so, what are your thoughts. I am selling my 2006 F150 Crew Cab for something a little newer and I am trying to compare trucks. I am not Ford or Chevy biased, I just need something 4 doors and 4X4. But I am liking what I am reading about Ecoboost but want a personal opinion from someone that has one. Thanks.
    HRCH Werts's Rusty Explorer "Drake" MH

boss has one and he swears it's the best vehicle he's ever owned....if i were in the market, i'd look real had at this truck.....not exceptional off the line, but it'll haul once you hit 30 and it gets wound up.....tons of room in the back....ive got a 08 crew cab silveardo.....thought i had a lot of room til i sat in the back of boss f150.....not much help, i know, but i dig em and interested in hearing from others too

My buddy has one. Great truck. As powerful as a v8 with 6 cylinder fuel economy.

i love the ecoboost but i would look real hard at the 14 Tundra - and their offering 0% financing on it right now.
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

Bout to pull the trigger on a 4x4 '13 F150 SuperCrew Lariat. Drove the 5.0L first. Then the EcoBoost. Twin turbos.

At 3000 RPM, it barked the tires and pinned the sales guy into the seat. He just grinned.$1100 more bucks. I'm tempted.

Still not sure which engine I will be selecting. I don't haul trailers or boats very far anymore...

365 BHP .. fuel economy (such that it is) favors the EcoBoost..so they say 15city/19-20 hwy..

Overall, the truck is improved from the 04 I currently own. Solid truck, quiet and comfortable.. All the instruments, nav system and audio are super nice.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I've been looking at the Eco boost also.

I got the 5.0.... Hate it! The 5.4 is way better in my 2010

Couldn't imagine the 6.
    Windows Down!

Identical trucks(5.0 vs EB)out to the camp in Ark last year before the opener....I was pulling the HT, one of the other fellas was pulling a 542, 80 mph avg out to Ark loaded for the season....less than .8 mpg better out of the EB, 1.2 mpg better empty on the return trip.....
    Last edited by marlin035; 09-25-2013 at 11:16 AM. Reason: damn autocorrect....

Thanks for the input guys.
    HRCH Werts's Rusty Explorer "Drake" MH

I have one. I like it. I like the locking diff. I love the storage under the back seat and the room in the back seat. I have a lower gear ratio and it lowered the mpg down.
    Honest if I were to get another one I'd get the v8. I like the ecoboost, but no matter what the salesman tells you, you will not be getting over 20 mpg unless you only drive country roads at 55.

1.2 miles per gallon better- so one got 16 and the other 17.2.

Eco cost 6000 more when I bought mine. That's a shit ton of miles to offset the cost of motor.

It's called Obamaeconomics- make you feel warm and fuzzy
    Windows Down!

I got a 5.0 in my new f150 crew 4x4 so I'm not much help. I just rolled over 5k miles and average 14mpg. On the road it's get 18 but city about 12 with factory tires and leveling kit. It pulls a lot better than my gmc did but 36 gal fuel tank will hurt your feelings at the pump. I was set on the ecoboost until I saw 3 trucks in the service dept with messed up turbos with under 30k miles on them.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I have a 13 Lariat with EB. Tows like a champ. Even better than the old 5.4 liter if you can believe it. Gas mileage is about the same but I have the 3.73 and HD towing package and longer bed
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I bought a 2013 Super Crew 4x4 Off Road Ecoboost in June of this year. I drive 600-800 miles/week and I average daily 18.5 - 21.5....highway and off road. Tons of power with lots of room. Not sure which rear end I got but it did come with the heavy duty towing package.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Got a 2011 crew with the 5.0L and love it.

Factory tires and I get 16.8 mph/that is mostly driving around Mt. Pleasant.

I was in between the V6 and the 5.0L as well. I dont haul much except a 17ft boat, so cant give an educated opinion on hailing capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by mctruluck09 View Post
    Got a 2011 crew with the 5.0L and love it.

Factory tires and I get 16.8 mph/that is mostly driving around Mt. Pleasant.

I was in between the V6 and the 5.0L as well. I dont haul much except a 17ft boat, so cant give an educated opinion on hailing capabilities.
    I'd be pissed if I could only get 16.8 mph out my truck.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy06 View Post
    I'd be pissed if I could only get 16.8 mph out my truck.
    That is actually pretty good for an outdoorsman's truck. Lower gear ratios, towing engines, 4 wheel drive, all terrain or mud terrain tires, stiffer suspensions. all these things take away from the MPG.

Get a silverado 2500HD w/ a duramax. 16.2mpg in town and you could drag 3 ford ecoboosts around with ease.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Quote Originally Posted by sftull View Post
    Get a silverado 2500HD w/ a duramax. 16.2mpg in town and you could drag 3 ford ecoboosts around with ease.
    Does it come with an extra transmission?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    I bought a 2013 Super Crew 4x4 Off Road Ecoboost in June of this year. I drive 600-800 miles/week and I average daily 18.5 - 21.5....highway and off road. Tons of power with lots of room. Not sure which rear end I got but it did come with the heavy duty towing package.
    Do you have the big elephant ear mirrors?