Thread: Poor dubs

Default Poor dubs

After that crappy game last night, I decided that I would take out some frustrations on some small, winged, defenseless(like Clemson seems to be) birds. Had a couple of hours of comp time to burn, so that gave me about an hour to shoot birds. I killed 29(2 mournings, the rest were ECDs). I shot three or four more that sailed into the salt cedars that must have flown out the other side before me and the dog got there. Shot 'em with the old 16ga SxS. 'Twas another good morning.

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Sounds like a good shoot.

How about some info on the gun? I see sideclips and a greener crossbolt. That intrigues me.
    The only good thing about my imperfections is the joy they bring my friends.

Beware the man with one gun...he probably has other faults also.

It's a Davidson 63B choked M/F with 28" bbls. Nothing fancy, but a sweet little Spanish gun. I got it for my birthday when I was 12 or 13. It was in an Antique store across from my mama's office. I'd go in there 2 or 3 times a week to look at their guns. Fell in love with this one. I think that I had started putting up some money to try to buy it one day, and went it one day and it was gone. Broke my heart. Turns out my folks had gotten it for me.
    Last edited by quackaddict; 09-20-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Here's another picture of it.

Last edited by quackaddict; 09-20-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Living the dream. Those eurasians are taking over, thats a good thing. My buddy shot doves last weekend outside Sacramento. 3 guys killed 147 birds in 2 days, only 18 were mourning doves. Pretty soon it will be like Argentina, I'm good with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

First off I hate you. Secondly I envy you. Thirdly I like that gun.
    cut\'em

Sprig, if I had been shooting my go to gun, I honestly think I could have killed 50 this morning in that hour. I try to not shoot birds while the dog is out picking up birds, so that cuts into my numbers a lot. Funny thing about the ECDs though, this is the only spot I've seen any to kill in 3 years. They mostly stay in town.

SD, thanks. I like the old gun too. I've been really thinking about sending it off o open that Full bbl to an IC. Just haven't done it yet.

The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.