Thread: Declaring Firearm In Canada

Default Declaring Firearm In Canada

Heading there next week. I know some of you guys have done this. What is the process for declaring a firearm?

I know you have to fill out a CAN909 form at the border, to take it into Canada, but what about the US declaration portion? Do I need to take it to a border patrol office before entering Canada?

Have all your paperwork in hand and you will have no problems. In my experience, it is easier to take a gun to Canada than it is to bring it back into the US. Go ahead and print off thethe Canadian gun declaration form and fill it out in triplicate(I think that's right). It is generally not a real big hassle. I didn't go last year, but I fly out a week from Monday. Woot!!!

Ps. If you give me an email address i will send you a PDF file for the gun declaration form that you can print out...

This year they want you to call them for the 909 permit and they will mail it to you.

Either way, make sure you DO NOT sign it until they tell you to at the border...

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...dex-eng.htm#f6

Make sure to stop and export guns on the US side on the way into Canada.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

They will also email it the 909. I got mine emialed to me within 24 hours. The RCMP site provides directions for getting one via email.
    The only good thing about my imperfections is the joy they bring my friends.

Beware the man with one gun...he probably has other faults also.