Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SC Poachers busted in CO

With that definition, almost everyone on here is a poacher. I know that I've broke a few minor laws over the years.

Fair enough.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Why not?

Assuming I have all of the necessary tags and licenses, it's the perfect analogy.

Just because I don't know what I'm doing is illegal, doesn't make it okay.

Ergo, I'd be a poacher.

And, these boys are definitely poachers.... and assholes.

I just made the statement because Trent said nothing about hunting on someone else's property. Your analogy was in direct reference to trespassing - not pods. They had a legal right to hunt the property; however, no legal right to use pods. I said it wasn't the best analogy because poaching doesn't apply only to trespassing. Of course, you are aware of that.

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by XHailGC View Post
    I just made the statement because Trent said nothing about hunting on someone else's property. Your analogy was in direct reference to trespassing - not pods. They had a legal right to hunt the property; however, no legal right to use pods. I said it wasn't the best analogy because poaching doesn't apply only to trespassing. Of course, you are aware of that.
    Word.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Legal on private land. They work most of the time. The chemical that is used is pronounced, sus-a colon chloride, not spelled that way. It will kill you to in the powder form. Meat is good to go, no problem eating the entrance hole meat. I have used them in the past. If you want some and the "sugar" contact Rebel Archery in Mississippi, it aint cheap though.
    Wrong.

(A) It is unlawful for a person to introduce a fertility control agent or chemical substance into any wildlife without a permit from the department.

I spoke with a DNR officer and he was already doing research on it because of the article. Regulations to state it's illegal on public land, also the drug that is used is a schedule 3 narcotic which is illegal to posess without a prescription. Which you're not going to have.

So it's illegal by those terms.

Shooting a deer with a poison would be introducing a chemical substance.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Wrong.

(A) It is unlawful for a person to introduce a fertility control agent or chemical substance into any wildlife without a permit from the department.

I spoke with a DNR officer and he was already doing research on it because of the article. Regulations to state it's illegal on public land, also the drug that is used is a schedule 3 narcotic which is illegal to posess without a prescription. Which you're not going to have.

So it's illegal by those terms.

Shooting a deer with a poison would be introducing a chemical substance.
    just for the sake of arguing.

A chemical substance can be anything, bullet, arrow, 00 buckshot.

dingling your half-sister, illegal also I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    just for the sake of arguing.

A chemical substance can be anything, bullet, arrow, 00 buckshot.
    I would imagine the state having upper hand shooting succinylcholine into a deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

Hmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

So you can shoot hundreds of does in June and July at night with a permit but you can not shoot them with a bow using a drug that kills them faster? Now that sound about par for the DNR.

Using a poison arrow is perfectly legal here in SC. It is not legal in CO and none of them(i don't think) realized that.

It's not poison, it's a powerful muscle relaxer(anectine aka succinylcholine) . It stops the heart from working.

http://www.rxlist.com/anectine-drug.htm

As far as SC is concerned, it's still possession of a controlled substance/prescription drug. It used to be commonplace in bow hunting years ago, but not so much now a days.

Those guys knew perfectly well it was illegal in CO. You can't even use a lighted sight pin or a lighted knock there.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 09-11-2013 at 08:15 PM.

I'm sure these guys knew the risk in what they did, like said you don't get to utilize the very liberal laws we do in sc in many other states. I don't feel like the intentions were as alleged either. Furthermore I hope none of you self righteous "do no wrong" guys don't live in glass houses...

I agree with the above...

There's not a soul on here that's ever fudged on a law.... Nope, not one person.

Quote Originally Posted by locked up View Post
    I'm sure these guys knew the risk in what they did, like said you don't get to utilize the very liberal laws we do in sc in many other states. I don't feel like the intentions were as alleged either. Furthermore I hope none of you self righteous "do no wrong" guys don't live in glass houses...
    X2. They had all tags license etc. They shot fair chase game with an arrow. They had a "pod" on the arrow to aid in recovery. Sure what they did was not smart being that its illegal, but I don't agree with the "that's not hunting that's just going out and killing things" comment. If that was their goal there are alor easier ways to do it than that

Exactly.

Holy shit. They allow Sept bow hunting only for elk, because of them being stupid at that time.
    There is a huge difference between 40yd stupid and 100yd stupid.

So, if i read all this right, these poison arrows kill more cleanly? I.e. The chance of losing animals is greatly reduced due to toxin stopping the heart?

I hear guys flinging arrows out to 100yds? How much energy is left and how deadly is that arrow stuck in a hindquarter of a 1000# animal? Probably only deadly with poison tips?
    Kind of defeats the purpose of a primitive weapon hunt you reckon?

They flung arrows to 100yds. I'd put money on it.

Yeah, they are poachers.
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

If you need poison on an arrow to aid in recovery....take up rifle hunting, because obviously you are a piss poor robin hood. Flinging arrows to fling arrows.

Until you take up poaching you'll never understand it's allure.....

It's an addiction.