Thread: Is it just me?

Default Is it just me?

My Duck-realted Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder seems to really get out of control this time of year. There's only so much a non-property-owning duck hunter can do to prepare for the season and I'm almost out of ideas but I still can't quit obsessing about it.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Ain't just you! Reading wildfowl and DU Mags. and planning trips for the last couple weeks.

Bout time to dig out some deeks
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I can't stop thinking about fishing. My favorite time of year is fast approaching.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I dug out my upland vest, orange ball cap, pheasant loads, and about five boxes of steel 6's for what will probably be the only duck hunting I do this year; two weeks in North Dakota. After being exposed to that kind of quality, South Carolina just doesn't have much appeal.

Side's, wood ducks are songbirds and we shouldn't be shootin' them anyways...

Normally, I would have already pulled out my decoys and made sure everything was ready to go, obsessed over ordering some more decoys and calls, tried to find the best deal on steel shot, etc. etc., but duck season hasn't taken much of a hold on me yet. This Western thing with all it's elk and antelope and mulies has really messed up my one-tracked obsession with waterfowl.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Side's, wood ducks are songbirds and we shouldn't be shootin' them anyways...

And I'll guess they don't migrate either?

Default Re: Is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can't stop thinking about fishing. My favorite time of year is fast approaching.
    X2

Very sad, but I just dont get excited for duck season anymore. That will probably change next year.

2 weeks..? you talking 14 days 2 weeks? or the 10 day 2 weeks? You driving this time?

Looking at my schedule hard trying to re-arrange.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Roll up on Saturday and return on the Sunday of the third week. I think that's right. Sunday is the beginning of the week, right?

Fix your dadgum schedule and come with us.

It was around 100 degrees the other day .... Ducks in North America haven't even crossed my mind yet.

I've been seeing mottled ducks at daylight on the way offshore the last 3 trips....it's definitely on my mind.

I'll be killing ducks in 30 days.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.