Thread: What size hooks

Default What size hooks

What size hooks do you use striper/hybrid fishing? Down rigging trolling, do you use a egg sinker with lead? Pictures of your rig??

Carolina rig 5 feet fluorocarbon leader 2 oz lead bead then knot. Using a number 4
    Circle or octopus hook with a snell knot to the hook. YouTube is your friend

#1 or 1/0 (cant remenber) Gamakatsu circle, 2oz egg sinker, 4' floracarbon leader, palomar knots (no bead). Been going to look into the snell, just haven't done it yet.

2oz egg... Swivel....4ft of 10-15lbs leader..eagle claw 1/0 j hook. I've never liked circles

What ever is my damn tackle bag LOL

Seriously I have used so many size hooks and between saltwater and stripers I can not recall which is which.

I have used the red circle hooks but can not tell any difference in them and plain hooks, I do like a stout hook which Owner makes but they can be little expensive but do not bend

I like the 4/0 circle hooks

Also fluoro leader, Yozuri pink

Don't do much downrod fishing or cut bait but when I do 1 oz is normally enough and it is an egg sinker

When freelining I will use split shot sometimes on one bait to see if it makes a difference
    Last edited by tprice; 08-07-2013 at 02:40 PM.

We do well with the premade gold hook jobs in 1 ought. 2 splitshots abought 6 in aboce the premade loop

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD