Thread: Teal

Anyone seeing any Teal yet?

Think I'll go set Sunday morn.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

Saw 4 bluewings last week, but besides that a few here and there, nothing to excite me.
    Good to talk, see you out there!

One of my brother in laws has a dairy in Orangeburg County with a lagoon hooked to it to catch all the cow crap.

Anyway, I was checking for doves this past Thursday and showing a nephew how to work his new gun. He pulled off one shot at a local pigeon, who survived, and all hell busted loose on the lagoon as teal hauled butt. They circled a bit and some came back in. Others made a beeline for the next lagoon. I imagine they had a right rich food source there in both spots.

I don't think I could send a dog into there to retrieve one of those birds. Much less eat one.

Numerous sawbill woodies and an occasional regular woodie are seen here. First for any teal.

I haven't seen the last one, but they gotta be somewhere

Saw some Friday and Saturday in sheetwater in a corn(dove) field.........but just a couple.

Ducktail, for a good teal shoot, I'd go get them myself. A little cow crap never hurt anybody.

So long as I didn't sink up to my shoulders.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Found the teal in TN. Busted the hell out of some blue wings and woodies this afternoon

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Ducktail,
    I'm with Swamp Rat!

A little cow crap ain't gonna hurt. They ain't eating the crap, probably the grain that's washing out of it or whatever vegetation the high nutrient content is causing to grow. I'd eat them teal too, ain't no more than eating 'maters fertilized with manure.

Go out there and git you some man! [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."