View Poll Results: Seeing a dog in a parking lot, in the summer with water and shade, what do you do?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Call the Police

7 4.05%
  • Note water and shade, and continue on with your business

150 86.71%
  • Enter establishment and confront the person who the dog and van belongs to

12 6.94%
  • Cut the lead and take the dog with you

4 2.31%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Cruelty?

Default Animal Cruelty?

You are in a Burger King Drive through at lunch time in July, and notice this scene:

What is your reaction?
    Last edited by BigBrother; 07-17-2013 at 09:49 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

At least he wasn't in the van. Looks like they left him some water and put him in the shade.....but if someone were to feed him anything from the BK that would be animal cruelty.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Dog has water, looks somewhat relaxed. But, what the hell is he/she tied up with? Is that string/rope tied around his neck? Does he/she have a collar on? My last question is how long will the dog be there? If it's 5-10 minutes... Yeah, ok. Longer than that, someone needs an arse whoopin.

And, I answered "Enter establishment....." It's too damn hot out there to just continue on about your business.

Probably living out of that van. Im guessing they are working in Burger King so that alone says alot more than the welfare riders we have around here. Dog seems to be content.
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Rope looks tight. I'd enter establishment.

I left my lab in the car for 20 minutes or so a couple weeks ago. Windows cracked and engine running with full AC pumping through front and rear vents. Keyless entry is great for this reason.
    Go Tigers!!!

I am pretty sure I have covered all the options. If I have left any out, I will go back and add one.

I made the poll private, but please...if you vote explain your vote. Genuinely curious. This is more of a practical vs. emotional experiment than it is to determine what I would or wouldnt do.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

The dog looks content. I'd definitely lengthen that rope though.

Rope looks a little tight but they had the foresight to park in the shade and provide the dog with water. The dog also does not appear to be hot (no tongue hanging). I would continue about my business given what I see in this picture. However I would not leave my dog like this simply because someone could whip in the parking space coming from the drivers side of the van and hit the dog and that is a lose-lose for everyone involved.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Rope looks a little tight but they had the foresight to park in the shade and provide the dog with water. The dog also does not appear to be hot (no tongue hanging). I would continue about my business given what I see in this picture. However I would not leave my dog like this simply because someone could whip in the parking space coming from the drivers side of the van and hit the dog and that is a lose-lose for everyone involved.
    Probably wouldn't/couldn't be hit. Those are angled spaces and can only be entered from one way. Now, if the dog were on the other side of the vehicle, then yes he could possibly be hit.

I would mind my own business.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Quote Originally Posted by justpracticin View Post

You sound like a law'ya!

Quote Originally Posted by justpracticin View Post
    Yep. That dog is really no better off in a kennel in a backyard than he is right there. That is, if that picture tells the whole story.

Note water and shade, and continue on with your business
    As noted: he looks content

As noted: I would mind my own damn business

I would, however, probably have to go over and give him a little ear and belly scratch though.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Dog has what it needs, if the rope was tight it would get closer to the tire to provide some relief. Mind my business and good on them for providing water.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I was confronted by 340lb + woman one day coming out of the grocery store after I had literally 'run' in and grabbed a gallon of milk and was coming out. Had my dog in the truck. Something really crossed me bad about her flappin her flappy jowls about animal cruelty. At that point in my life, I spoke some unkind words to her. very. Unless you know what you are talking about, best to keep your flapper shut
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I would, however, probably have to go over and give him a little ear and belly scratch though.
    Datdawgbitechoo!

It's just sleeping until you try to get the drugs out da van.......

I'd have left him be. Now, if it was in the vehicle or tuggin at the rope as to get away, that'd be a whole other story.
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

It's a case by case.

Again, not knowing the full circumstances, why couldn't they just go through the drive through?

Do they work there and bring their dog to work like that every day?

Judging by the partial mess on the dash, are they living out of the van?

What happens when the elderly person in the boat sized Cadillac whips in and hits or runs over the dog?

What happens when the dog sees something that he want's to go after and he rips the mirror off the van and takes off?

Just a few of the questions that come across my mind.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy06 View Post
    It's a case by case.

Again, not knowing the full circumstances, why couldn't they just go through the drive through?

Do they work there and bring their dog to work like that every day?

Judging by the partial mess on the dash, are they living out of the van?

What happens when the elderly person in the boat sized Cadillac whips in and hits or runs over the dog?

What happens when the dog sees something that he want's to go after and he rips the mirror off the van and takes off?

Just a few of the questions that come across my mind.
    What happens when you start pointing fingers and judging the wrong person and he leaves you with a broken jaw for your efforts?

You know, while we are speculating and all.