Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Classes you have to try to fail..."

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default "Classes you have to try to fail..."

This is a real classy program you coots are running over there...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...091739231.html

op DE recruit commits to South Carolina because of classes where ‘you have to try to fail’

By Cameron Smith | Prep Rally – 3 hours ago

There’s good news and bad news if you’re a University South Carolina football fan. The good news: The Gamecocks just landed a key commitment to its Class of 2015, with Georgia defensive end Arden Key pledging his future to Steve Spurrier’s squad. The bad news? He trashed South Carolina’s academics in an underhanded way while committing, and said that was a key reason he wanted to be a Gamecock. Georgia defensive end Arden Key committed to South Carolina in part because of easy academics — Rivals
    As first reported by Palmetto Sports and brought to Prep Rally’s attention by The Big Lead, Key, a rising junior defensive end Lithonia (Ga.) High, cited USC’s coaching staff as a key reason why he committed to the Gamecocks rather than in-state power Georgia. Yet, he also said that the school’s ability to create an easy road for its athletes as a key reason why he wanted to head to Columbia.
    "The academic part, it's like you have to try to fail," Key told Palmetto Sports.
    That probably isn’t the best way for a young prospect to endear himself to a large body of alumni who will, in turn, spend their hard earned money to watch him play. It stands to reason that most of those fans probably spent more time ensuring that they would graduate than Key plans on doing himself.
    Then again, maybe Key was just misunderstood. Perhaps he meant to cite South Carolina’s tutor program as the key to lifting up players’ academic performance.

That doesn’t seem too likely, but then again, insulted South Carolina fans may be a lot more forgiving if Key performs as he’s expected to at the next level. After a breakout sophomore season in which he recorded 12 sacks and 58 tackles, the 6-foot-5, 198 pound defensive end will be expected to make an impact rapidly after arriving on campus.
    An impact on the field of course. Not necessarily the classroom.
    Want more on the best stories in high school sports? Visit RivalsHigh or connect with Prep Rally on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

"An impact on the field of course. Not necessarily the classroom"....
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

These guys shouldn't be clogging up a classroom anyway. Save those seats for kids who want to learn. Pay 'em, put 'em up in a dorm and let them show out to try to get to da em eff ell. The are there to bring in money for the school and entertain us. Period. Scholarships for "student" athletes has not been about giving a kid a chance at education for a loooooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    These guys shouldn't be clogging up a classroom anyway. Save those seats for kids who want to learn. Pay 'em, put 'em up in a dorm and let them show out to try to get to da em eff ell. The are there to bring in money for the school and entertain us. Period. Scholarships for "student" athletes has not been about giving a kid a chance at education for a loooooong time.
    This has been the Core Value at Clemson since *1981.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

So are Clemson football players taking Chinese Algebra or Organic Chemistry?

Any college class is hard to fail for an athlete...
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    So are Clemson football players taking Chinese Algebra or Organic Chemistry?

Any college class is hard to fail for an athlete...
    Sorry to bother you Phillip,

Yeah, actually they do. You'll always have your sociology and easy degrees but I know a good many Clemson ball players in chemistry, pre-med, and difficult business classes. I've seen them get tutored before when they don't understand something and I've seen them at 3 in the morning in the library writing papers just like everyone else.

I have serious doubt as to whether Jadeveon Clowney has completed a single assignment without assistance in his entire academic career.

Clemson is better than Carolina. Carolina has won 4 years in a row, they may make it 5 this coming year THAT IS A FACT and the only thing you can say as pathetic as it is, but Clemson still controls the all time record and will even when I enter my forties, and Clemson still holds the all time win streak. Clemson is ranked higher academically across the board than any Carolina academic program, (P.S. dont go scream yeehaw for International Business, because Clemson does not have an "International Business" major to begin with. Better parties, better looking girls, better student rating, better campus (we actually have one),higher scores, better athletic/school history.

As for a Clemson fans attitude, to be honest we're really not worried. No one is screaming and dying because Carolina has won a few games. We only know its a matter of time. The thought of Carolina being better than Clemson has really not even crossed anyone's mind.

Sorry you did not have the same experience as the privileged get to.
    Last edited by SwatEm; 06-18-2013 at 10:36 AM.

[QUOTE=SwatEm;1436217]Sorry to bother you Phillip,

Better parties, better looking girls, better student rating, better campus (we actually have one),higher scores, better athletic/school history.

We used to have a lot of Clemson sorority girls make the drive to Boone Hall for Dogday. They always commented it was the best party in the state hands down. You will always take a back seat to The Citadel for school history.

Quote Originally Posted by SwatEm View Post

Yeah, actually they do. You'll always have your sociology and easy degrees but I know a good many Clemson ball players in chemistry, pre-med, and difficult business classes. I've seen them get tutored before when they don't understand something and I've seen them at 3 in the morning in the library writing papers just like everyone else.

I have serious doubt as to whether Jadeveon Clowney has completed a single assignment without assistance in his entire academic career.

Clemson is better than Carolina. Carolina has won 4 years in a row, they may make it 5 this coming year THAT IS A FACT and the only thing you can say as pathetic as it is, but Clemson still controls the all time record and will even when I enter my forties, and Clemson still holds the all time win streak. Clemson is ranked higher academically across the board than any Carolina academic program, (P.S. dont go scream yeehaw for International Business, because Clemson does not have an "International Business" major to begin with. Better parties, better looking girls, better student rating, better campus (we actually have one),higher scores, better athletic/school history.

As for a Clemson fans attitude, to be honest we're really not worried. No one is screaming and dying because Carolina has won a few games. We only know its a matter of time. The thought of Carolina being better than Clemson has really not even crossed anyone's mind.

Sorry you did not have the same experience as the privileged get to.
    [quote=DK;1436228]

Better parties, better looking girls, better student rating, better campus (we actually have one),higher scores, better athletic/school history.

We used to have a lot of Clemson sorority girls make the drive to Boone Hall for Dogday. They always commented it was the best party in the state hands down. You will always take a back seat to The Citadel for school history.
    Holy shit this is getting terrible..

Priveledged? C'mon dick.. I could have gone to any school in this state..

I'm plenty priveledged..

And I'm not exactly sure how you think you know me, but you probably don't..

And I would say the majority of college athletes, regardless of the sport, don't take "difficult business classes" (which is an oxymoron) or pre med classes..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

[quote=DK;1436228]

And when I was at Clemson (late 90s), every weekend we had a party, a pile of Citadel boys (they were welcome) would make the drive to our parties (plural) at the AGR house and tell us how awesome they were....
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

[quote=HartClemson99;1436345]
    Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post

And when I was at Clemson (late 90s), every weekend we had a party, a pile of Citadel boys (they were welcome) would make the drive to our parties (plural) at the AGR house and tell us how awesome they were....
    I made my first trip to Clemson during my Junior year and had a blast. Always enjoyed Clemson during homecoming and football games but I'll still take Charleston. I think I saw where the Summerall Guards performed at halftime for military appreciation day either last year or the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    When he isn't sitting down.

Most folks don't allow themselves to be quoted as saying so, Bizzle.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Go read your boy CJ Spiller's twitter account....He can't put two sentences together...Wasn't he on the Dean's list at CU???

Spiller on Howard's Rock... "I'm just now having a chance 2 comment on the Howard's Rock that's very childish 2 try ruin something that so historic to Clemson And the country it doesn't matter if you don't like the school or not that's straight up stupidity n I have feel bad for their family once They catch them bc now their family will have a bad name n yea I'm piss off ab it but it's all good we will stay strong."
    Last edited by Duke; 06-18-2013 at 08:56 AM.

What Glennda said.....

Who gives a fuck? None of em are gonna be brain surgeons.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

It baffles me how fast you coots make everything into something about Clemson.

It's a fucking story about a SC commit. There isn't a word in there about Clemson. However, the first thing out your mouths is something about Clemson.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post

It's a fucking story about a SC commit. There isn't a word in there about Clemson. However, the first thing out your mouths is something about Clemson.
    It baffles me how you Taters have nothing else to talk about. 2 threads of the same topic in 24 hrs. And Clemtech surely didnt get on that APR list the same way Duke did.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    It baffles me how you Taters have nothing else to talk about. 2 threads of the same topic in 24 hrs. And Clemtech surely didnt get on that APR list the same way Duke did.
    I'm sorry that I reposted one of the top stories on Yahoo sports, you gypsy.

I just thought it was funny. Him being a commit to SC just made it more funny.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Can I get "What is Fuck Clemson?" for $2,000 please Alex.

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Coming from the guy that posts about a south Carolina commit..
    "Sweet, hard to beat cold beer and deer drowing."