Thread: Hurricane Turkeys

Will the recent flooding rains devestate the turkey population or were they all old enough to survive it with minimal impact??

I'm not educated on this subject, but I would venture a guess that they weren't damaged that much here.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

No worries...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

I can say that the number of birds on our property in Richland Co. has grown if anything... swamp birds moving to high ground I guess. Our flocks look very healthy, and an impressive number of poults seem to have made it to jake and jenny status (darn close at least). Hope the water drops soon they are eating the corn as fast as the damn pigs don't smell as bad or run the deer off like the pigs though.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I think we had a good hatch and the poults were big enough to weather the rains. There should be plenty of available gobblers come spring!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."