Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boy Scouts, Just Dang

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    My son and I just started talking about his eagle project, I had hoped this would hold out until he was finished. He has said he would quit if it came to this. Several parents have gotten together with the rest of our troop leaders and talked about it. Our scoutmaster says it is up to each troop as to how they handle it. Next thing, they will want them to stop recognizing God through prayers at the meetings and try to stop our "church service" on the Sunday mornings when we camp out. So much for being "Morally Straight".
    Allowing gays is just the beginning. Once the "agenda minded" foot is in the door, they will seek to change everything that doesn't suit their way of life. The backbone of this country has become worse than a wet, over boiled noodle.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

It had to go this way, this is about "shrinking the bullseye". How many discrimination suits can an organization such as this handle? What if there was a class action brought against the BSA over this? This is about survival.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

Sometimes it is better to let shit die than to let it live under oppression. I'll not live in fear of any man or thing and I don't expect anyone/thing else too either. If my option is death or slavery then let it be death. Same for organizations.

I'm not a scout, wasn't a scout and neither is my son. I could give a damn if people are gay. Just because they are doesn't mean I have to be and vice versa. But if an organization, a private one, does or doesn't want gay people in then so be it. If they have to live in fear of litigation and can only exist doing something they don't believe in then I say burn it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Sometimes it is better to let shit die than to let it live under oppression. I'll not live in fear of any man or thing and I don't expect anyone/thing else too either. If my option is death or slavery then let it be death. Same for organizations.

I'm not a scout, wasn't a scout and neither is my son. I could give a damn if people are gay. Just because they are doesn't mean I have to be and vice versa. But if an organization, a private one, does or doesn't want gay people in then so be it. If they have to live in fear of litigation and can only exist doing something they don't believe in then I say burn it down.
    This X100000000000000000000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

This type of shit is getting ridiculous

Default Re: Boy Scouts, Just Dang

Yep ^

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

Thankfully SCDUCKS has Labluvr and we don't have to worry about litigation from the gay brigade...

I guess I can go back to shopping at CVS and wearing Levis. I stopped patronizing these companies when they pulled their support for the Scouts because the Scouts refused to allow Homosexuals as members or leader.

I refuse to be poltically correct and call them "gay". They are homosexuals and just rebranding them does mean their conduct is any more acceptable to me. I do not care what they do in private, but their conduct does entitle them to special considerations and protections.
    The only good thing about my imperfections is the joy they bring my friends.

Beware the man with one gun...he probably has other faults also.

I respect anyone who has the strength of their convictions. It seems however that there are people involved in the BSA who I suspect have placed the organization and its survival ahead of their own.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

Quote Originally Posted by Salt Marsh View Post
    I guess I can go back to shopping at CVS and wearing Levis. I stopped patronizing these companies when they pulled their support for the Scouts because the Scouts refused to allow Homosexuals as members or leader.

I refuse to be poltically correct and call them "gay". They are homosexuals and just rebranding them does mean their conduct is any more acceptable to me. I do not care what they do in private, but their conduct does entitle them to special considerations and protections.
    Hi. Devil's Advocate here.

How does wanting to do the same things everyone else is allowed to do make anyone entitled or special?

Are you entitled or special for wanting the same liberties and freedoms afforded everyone else in this country?

I was a proud Eagle Scout myself. Sad to see a once great organization going down this road.

As far as litigation goes, I think they are opening themselves up for more problems. Imagine if a younger scout gets molested by an older "openly gay" scout. Now BSA is complicit, as they allow openly gay scouts in and created an atmosphere that "could" promote molestation occurrences. (Would you allow a bunch of horny teenage boys to be in the girl scouts?) It won't be long and they will allow openly gay Scout leaders. Trust me, there are plenty of lawyers out there thinking the same thing and licking their chops.

One way or the other, this will be the death knell of BSA.

Hi. Devil's Advocate here.

How does wanting to do the same things everyone else is allowed to do make anyone entitled or special?

Are you entitled or special for wanting the same liberties and freedoms afforded everyone else in this country?

It doesn't make you special until at all, until you try to force your views and opinions onto everyone else, (the 3% gays forcing their views and opinions onto the 97% rest of us). They can have their own "private" group, and call themselves "Rump Rangers", or what ever they want to. The BSA just broke weak, but to be honest, it was probably because the executive ranks have been infiltrated by those who were in the closet when they were kids.

I always suspected the Boy Scouts were gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

Quote Originally Posted by cudexter View Post
    I always suspected the Boy Scouts were gay.
    Move along. We're queer bashin' in here.

To Hell with a Queer. Tweet that
    Last edited by arleen1013; 05-24-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Tenderfoot will be changed to twinkle toes. The CL will be removed from first and second class. Star will have a picture of Madonna or some famous faggot like Kenny chesney on the badge. Order of the arrow will change to order of the hamster. The olive shorts will remain the same. Those things were already gay enough.

While I think it sucks to have to define it, and make it legal.

Consider for a moment, that by spelling it out, the charter made the organization a target.

I spend some time with a group of scouts, and during a cook out, I produced a venison loin, and some other wild stuff for the campfire. The parents were horrified.

We didnt spend any more time with that troop.

Essentially, the troop and troop leaders make the experience and set the stage. I dont think that the new "direction" will make it an indoctrination camp for homosexuality.

With that said, I am not as motivated now to find a troop to sign LB up to.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Less Brownies will be eaten now.

What a sad Day this is for the BSA. I am an Eagle scout myself. I'm sure this will be devistating to the scouting community since the majority of all charters are supported by the churches. When is America going to start standing up for the rights that our forefathers set up for us. It's sickening to watch our country cater to the few that push their beliefs on the majority.

Oh and I guess the scout oath will have to be changed next????????
    (Morally Staight) evidently does not apply any more.

The results from this were postponed unitl May to ensure all charter dues were paid up before the vote. It will be very interesting to see what happens next year. Charters can still choose who they allow into their organization.

It all started with the Weblo's