Thread: The Things You Learn

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default The Things You Learn

Somebody the other day on one of the forums was talking about Denis Rodman. That got me to thinking. You never know who will get involved in history or where they will come from. Rodman was in an interview wearing a MAGA hat and he said "Obama wouldn't give him the time of day." Trump has personally thanked him. Rodman "acts" like a weird bird but you never know who will come out of strange places and give a hand.

I remembered reading an article where they interviewed Kim Jong Un's classmates. He went to school in Switzerland. His classmates said he loved the NBA, not just loved it, he was obsessed with it. I'd say that's why he has given Rodman so much latitude over there. So with more digging I found these.

For instance:

Hedy Lamarr (Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler)

She was a beautiful woman and actress, but she had other talents too. Lamarr is also credited with being an inventor. At the beginning of World War II, she and composer George Antheil developed a radio guidance system for Allied torpedoes, which used spread spectrum and frequency hopping technology to defeat the threat of jamming by the Axis powers. Although the US Navy did not adopt the technology until the 1960s, the principles of their work are arguably incorporated into Bluetooth technology, and are similar to methods used in legacy versions of CDMA and Wi-Fi.

Jeff "Skunk" Baxter

Guitarist for 'Steely Dan' and the 'Doobie Brothers' a lot of the old rockers know him as a guitarist. But he also had another talent, missile technology. He is works as a defense consultant and chairs a Congressional Advisory Board on missile defense.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Good post and great lesson.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie