70 34.48%
  • Whack it and hide a Hollywood, and carry it out

72 35.47%
  • Let the banded black live

61 30.05%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Default What would you do?

You just shot your 6th duck, which was your 3rd superlip of the morning. As you finish up stowing your gear, you look up to reach for your fowling piece so that you can unload it. Out of nowhere, a visibly banded blackduck lights in your decoys.

Do you-

A. Whack it and mudstomp one of your superbills.
    B. Whack it and hide a Hollywood, and carry it out.
    C. Clap your hands and run it off to live another day.

I would be so shook up I would prolly miss it.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I would pass, kill a black duck on my next hunt, buy a few of x's bands he got on eBay and tell everybody about the double banded black I killed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

What, you don't tote ziplocks in the blind with you?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I wouldn't have the choice because unloading the shotgun is the first thing I do when I've got my limit. I find it spooky leaving a loaded shotgun laying around while stowing gear, especially with a dog in the boat.

It would suck though because I only shoot spoonies by accident/misidentification. Three spoonies in a limit is a really bad day.

I don't think I want to hunt with anyone who hasn't walked out with waders full of ducks.

I don't think I want to hunt with anyone who hasn't walked out with waders full of ducks.
    Yep, that's why there is so much extra space in a decoy bag.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

People think I've got balls the size of cantaloupes.

Wheres D.? Shoot, call a buddy to come tote a spoonie out for you!

I do believe that the spoonie would be honored for his final resting place to be in the mud.
    \"Go to Know\"

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    It would suck though because I only shoot spoonies by accident/misidentification. Three spoonies in a limit is a really bad day.
    Blasphemy...

What would you call 4?
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

My fat fingers hit the wrong button when I voted
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

To answer the question though, I would potentially shoot the black, and then if I actually got checked by a GW, just tell a little white lie and say that I either a) Shot a scotch double when I was trying to shoot bird #6, or b) Saw someone else shoot one of the spoonies and leave it, so I went and picked it up being a good sportsman and all.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Some things you don't discuss on the internet
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

He'll it won't matter I'll never see let alone kill a banded black duck.
    Phillipians 4:13

Try to let him leave on his own and come back first thing in the morning...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    Blasphemy...

What would you call 4?
    quackaddict,
    I've noticed that some of the western shoveler drakes have a white outline on the nail of the bill. It looks like the bird on the left has that. Have you ever noticed that? I've never seen it in the east.

The bird on the left didn't. That was just mud on his bill. I honestly haven't seen what you're talking about. I DID, however, see a gadwall 2 weekends ago with a nice white ring around his neck. He was hanging out with about 200 widgeon, 100 of his own, 50GWT, 50 Cinnys, a lone redhead, and some buffleheads. I really wish that we could take a week off of regular duck season, and have a 1 week March season.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    The bird on the left didn't. That was just mud on his bill. I honestly haven't seen what you're talking about. I DID, however, see a gadwall 2 weekends ago with a nice white ring around his neck. He was hanging out with about 200 widgeon, 100 of his own, 50GWT, 50 Cinnys, a lone redhead, and some buffleheads. I really wish that we could take a week off of regular duck season, and have a 1 week March season.
    I killed a white-ringed gadwall a couple of years ago. He wasn't an espeically well plumed bird...