Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt Match Target .22lr pistol Value?

Default Colt Match Target .22lr pistol Value?

Going to possibly get this 1968 Colt Match Target pistol in a trade, and its absolutely beautiful. I just can't find a accurate value on it. I'm being told anywhere between 1100-1500? Does that sound about right? Thanks

Last edited by Waldo; 03-09-2013 at 07:50 PM.

What is written on the papers on the right?

But yes, that is a pretty piece of machinery there.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

And, I will say that with the original box, owner's manual, and all the fixings you got there it would make a collector blink.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Good luck; I can't help on value.

There's two types of firearms out there -- ones to be shot, and ones to keep in a box. If this one's been shot, then it's not meant to be kept in a box.

What are you sending off in trade? Mind my asking? You gonna keep the Colt, or flip it?

Does the serial number on the box match the gun?

In excellent condition I'd say you could get $1500 from a collector. The problem you'll run into if you resale it is finding the right buyer. There ain't too many people that I know that will sink that kind of coin into a .22 semi automatic pistol. I hear people cry about spending 1/3 of that amount. If you decide to sell it later I can give you some info on where you may be able to move it. Looks to be a nice gun, and it would be hard for me not to burn off a couple of bricks with it.

The design of the Browning Challenger and Buckmark are based on that gun. The grip angle on the Woodsman is a bit steep for most folk's comfort but they are very collectible. Have you searched on Gunbroker for completed auctions? You'll need to create an account to see completed auctions but that will tell you what it is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post

What are you sending off in trade? Mind my asking? You gonna keep the Colt, or flip it?
    Ive got an old boat I'm Flipping, I have about $900 into the boat. The kid is having his girlfriend give me her grandfathers pistol the Colt and then her parents are also throwing in a 2001 E-Z-GO Limo Golf cart that is in good condition just needs batteries. The paperwork that is on the right is the actuall Bill of sale/ Trade paperwork from 1968 when the girls grandpa traded for it. It has the whole history of the gun other than being passed down in their family and then to me. I held the gun in my hand last night it was dark out i couldnt get a great look at it. From what I seen the gun looks like its in 98% condition or so there is a very small spot of rust on the tip of the front sight and thats the only blimish I could find. I'd like to keep it but I buy and sell more shit than fucking walmart it seems like at times. They just dont make firearms like this Colt I would like to say I'm going to keep it. . .

Damn.

They need another boat?

Southern woods, I believe the SN on the box does match the gun. The gun has been owned by this kids grandfather since it was new from what I was told. Some older fella is prolly rolling in his grave that his grandchild is trading it. . .

Palmetto, I have not checked gunbroker completed listings yet to see what they were going for. All I have found is a few sold a in the early 2000's, and a few without the box and such from 900-1100 on Armslist. . .

And I get the boats trailer back so I can convert it or trade it for a trailer for the golf cart. . .
    Last edited by Waldo; 03-10-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Make sure you give am a kiss after it is all done.

Just might give them a hug as well. . . Its really amazing the shit you can get off craigslist if you put up with the idiots with junk to get to the idiots with the good shit. . . Its a long story but i actually got my boat that I am trading for free. . . I bought an old V bottom john boat with a 2005 merc 15hp two stroke and trailer for $750 Sold the boat and trailer 3 days later for $800 delivered to the guys house. So i had the 2005 merc 15 sitting in my garage for free. I used that motor for a year and a half sold it for $1500 bought a DPMS AR10 in 308 for $900 before this gun craze then traded it for my boat I have now. So I really got the boat for free.
    Last edited by Waldo; 03-10-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Waldo, I removed your link because it violates the terms of use of our user agreement.

While not actively selling it on this website, it could be construed as such.

I like the way you work though. My experience with craigslist has been much akin to beating my head against a moving 18 wheeler. I would rather manscape with a buzzsaw.

I appologize for the link. . . I understand why it was deleted and thanks for deleting it. Craigslist can be a pain or be rewarding just takes some patience. . .

Just curious, have you tried to see what they are going for if it is on any of thise internet auction sites for guns?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

very cool little pistol ya got there.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Just curious, have you tried to see what they are going for if it is on any of thise internet auction sites for guns?
    All over the board - depending on condition. High is $1500...

Great guns for sure.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Guys I just got the pistol and the papers and I couldn't be any happier! The pistol was traded between a few Marines durring Vietnam! It looks to have been traded to an enlisted Marine then traded to the Comissioned officer I believe he was a Major at the time. From what I was told by the girls father is that he was a Combat engineer that went to Vietnam to fight against the Migs. Here is a few pictures of what I have this shit is cool as hell!

First person that traded it's Bill of sale

2nd bill of sale that I beleive to be the girls grandfather that I got the gun from.

Just the pistol

Other side of the pistol

Original Box

Guns S/N on the box

Damn fine pistol. The provenance will doubtless add to it's value if you resell..

IMHO, I would be keeping that one. Congrats!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Congrats.

From what I understand, the Woodsman gives the Trailside a good run for its money.

If you decide to flip it -- I might have an AR with your name on it. Keyword = might.

If it were me, I'd shoot it an enjoy a piece of history.