Thread: Do you know your rights at dui /bui checkpoints

Default Do you know your rights at dui /bui checkpoints

What makes a police officer powerless? When citizens know their rights!

Police officers hate to hear these words:
    "Am I free to go?"
    "I'm going to remain silent."
    "I don't consent to a search."

You have rights during a traffic stop or during any police encounter. Learn what your rights are and use them!
    1. Your Safety -Start by putting the police officer at ease. Pull over to a safe place, turn off your ignition, stay in the car and keep your hands on the steering wheel. At night turn on the interior light. Keep your license, registration and proof of insurance close by like your "sun visor."
    Be courteous, stay calm, smile and don't complain. Show respect and say things like "sir and no sir." Never bad-mouth a police officer, stay in control of your words, body language and your emotions. Keep your hands where the police officer can see them. Never touch a police officer and never run away!
    2. Never Talk To A Police Officer -The only questions you need to answer is your name, address, date of birth, sometimes your social security number but NOTHING else! "In some states you can refuse to give your I.D. card to a police officer. Know the laws of your state." Instead of telling the police officer who you are, give him your drivers license or your I.D. card. All the information the police officer needs to know about you, can be found on your i.d. card or drivers license. If you can keep your mouth shut, you just might come out ahead more than you expected.
    3. I'm Going to Remain Silent - The Supreme Court says you should never talk to a police officer even if your not under arrest, without an attorney present. The Supreme Court ruled you must speak up and SAY to the police officer "I'm going to remain silent" and then keep your mouth shut even if you're not under arrest. How can you be falsely accused and charged with a crime, if you don't say anything? Never talk to a police officer before or after you get arrested. Anything you say or do, can and will be used against you at any time by the police.
    4. Just Say NO to Police Searches! -If a police officer didn't need your permission to search you, he wouldn't be asking you. Never give permission for a police officer to search you, your car or your home. If a police officer does search you, don't resist and just keep saying "I don't consent to this search."

Am I Free to Go? -As soon as the police officer ask you a question ask him, "Am I free to go?" You have to ask if you're "free to go," otherwise the police officer will think that you're voluntarily staying around to talk with him. If the police officer says that you're being detained or arrested tell the police officer, "I'm going to remain silent

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tirGyJDSivI[/ame]
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013