Thread: place to fish?

we are looking for a place at santee to fish for a couple of days in may the state park is full any other suggestions

Are you serious??? One thing I would advise, is not to ask that question!!! You will be sent on a wild goose chase in a skinny minute. Are you asking as in a campground type question or what tree to throw behind?
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

If the water doesn't come up, and you only have an outboard, then you will be about limites to Jacks creek area or put in at low falls and camp on the riverbank. catfish should be smokin in the river by then.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

send me a PM and further explain what you are trying to accomplish.

I can steer you in the right direction depending what you are looking to accomplish.
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

looking for something to rent a house, or a cabin for a couple of days on the lake doesn't have to be at santee somewhere that will allow our boats to stay in the water. just curios where every one else stays when they go up .

there is plenty of water to fish santee now.
    The water is up.....way up.
    I was out this morning before work.

most of the mudbanks are no longer exposed, they rest about a foot under the water.
    Good luck with your fishing.

KOA across 95 will probably have room.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Bog is correct. I was out on sunday and the water was way up. Check out Jacks Creek, Stanley will fix ya up pretty good. He has trailers he rents and has a camping area right where your boats would be. If he is full you could call Carolina King. They have cabins for rent also. Other options ...TawCaw, Big Water, KOA, Santee Lakes Campground and you could always just pitch a tent somewhere. There are plenty of good camping spots.

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Don't go to Carolina King. The guy that runs that place is and asshole. The only reason I would go back over there is to roast marshmellows over his burning cabins. Stanley at Jack's Creek can get you fixed up.
    Be still and get your gun!!!!

Stay at the Knights Inn in Summerton and you are a short drive drive to about 1/2 of the lake. Used to have a good food in there too, but I haven't been in a few years.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Huntmaster speaks the truth!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] $10 launch fee WTF

Agreed I just said it because it was an option, wasnt tryin to give bad advice. I personally would never go near it.

Originally posted by BOG:
    there is plenty of water to fish santee now.
    The water is up.....way up.
    Bog, does that mean we have your permission to hold the poker run now?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I haven't decided yet.
    .I'll let you know [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img]
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Check out Hill's Landing on the canal...you can rent a trailer, and you can keep you boat in the water over night. Beware the tap water smells like shit!

Its the sulfur.

Hill's is a great place.
    Run by long time family friends of ours.

Wendy cooks a mean breakfast.
    we were crappie fishin down in the canal this afternoon.
    Ran out of minners....

Bog, you know the Courtneys'?
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

you wouldn't have the number to hills landing by any chance ?

i got it thanks