Thread: bait tank

anyone have any suggestions for a good bait tank. the one i have now is homemade and it is too big. i need something a little smaller

Recirculated water or raw water?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

How big do you want it?

http://www.masterflowbaitsystems.com/

Great bait tanks and made in SC.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken

Creek Bank Bait tanks.

http://creekboats.com/tank_home.htm

One of the best you'll have own.
    Phillipians 4:13

i have a 15 1/2 ft sea pro center consol so i need something fairly small. Recirculating

they sell aerators at ace hardware stores for like 15 dollars that you can mount on the side of a 5 gallon bucket. thats what i use to keep my bream alive for catfishing
    "Rule number 76: No excuses, play like champion!"

If you can get ahold to a small plastic drum. Like 30 gallon, you can make a bait tank for about 35 dollars. I have one I made out of a 55 gallon drum. It is kindof big. But I can keep shad and herring alive in it. I can't see paying $300 for a tank when I can make one for $40.
    Be still and get your gun!!!!

OK.

Best size bait tank IMHO for a days fishing would be a beer keg. It will keep as many shrimp and mullet alive you need and a limited amount of pogies...but if you are like me, you are always looking for an excuse to catch more bait...

Use your noggins on how to make one out of a keg and go to it. Mine will be raw water from the bottom water will flow out of tube running over the gunnels...complete with rod holders. [img]graemlins/headbanger.gif[/img]

They will be on sale soon for $200 each if you want one.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

i made one out of a plastic 50 gal drum and it works good....anyone know where to get a 35 gal drum from

go to a place that washes cars and they prolly got em. as far as i know they get the soap in a 35 gaollon drum and not a 50 but could be wrong

go to a place that washes cars and they prolly got em. as far as i know they get the soap in a 35 gaollon drum and not a 50 but could be wrong

lots of herbicides come in 35 gal drums. therefore, id check any farmer you know, or any ag supply store. 55s are def easier to find.

If your going to be using it for striper fishing and will be putting blue backs in it then you may want to look at getting a quailty bait tank with a filtration unit in it as well, master flow makes a damn nice one.
    Good to talk, see you out there!

Try Congaree feed (755-1320) They sell all sizes of drum for dog house and other things. Also try A&B outfitters by lake Wateree.(803-438-8802)sometimes they have just the tanks or containers to make them with for cheap.

There’s a guy that has two different size plastic barrels for sale on the side of Old Two Notch Road. Between Hwy1 and Hwy6, on the right if you’re headed toward hwy6. I think he has $5.00 written on the barrels that are on the road.

scmoose,
    thanks for the tip...i picked one up today. he actually had a 20 gal one in the back that will work perfect

good deal.

"B" I made one out of a 10 gallon water cooler with a screw on lid, has the bilge pump aerator. works great keeping bream alive for catfishing i'll try and get some pix.
    "As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." Newt Gingrich