Thread: 2013 lowcountry bowfishing tournament schedule

Default 2013 lowcountry bowfishing tournament schedule

Ok fellas, these are the dates for the 2013 lowcountry tournaments... If anyone is interested in competing in our tournaments let me know. I can answer any questions or concerns you may have. We are a good group of guys that love bowfishing and love to get together every now and then and have fun. Hope to see some of yall there.

Pre season meeting and meal- the weekend of march 2, rocks pond campground. Time to be announced shortly. I would like input from the people planning to attend on possible having this thing sunday afternoon or friday night, instead of messing up a whole saturday.

3-9, cooper river- cypress gardens landing- 5 carp, 5 catfish, 5 mudfish

4-6, (optional) lake murray- hilton rec. Area- with the upstate club. Big ten

4-13, hatchery- big ten of anything + ten gar

5-4, s.c. State shoot (25 bonus points for entering tournament)

5-18, cooper river- cypress gardens landing- numbers, any legal non game fish. We will also be paying out and giving points for big carp and big catfish.

6-29, swap partners tournament- numbers- landing will be drawn the day of tournament. This tournament will be a "swap partners" tournament. Boat owners will stay on their boats, but the partners will be randomly selected to fish on another teams boat. The boat owner will receive points for his team according to how his boat finishes. Also, the boat owners team will receive points for how ever the highest placing "swapped partner" places.

8-10, 4th annual santee shootout- hills landing, 12 hour big 20. Lakes marion or moultrie only.

9-7, lowfalls landing- 5 catfish, 5 common carp, + five anything else

10-19, hills landing- species tournament- 5 catfish-5 carp-5 mudfish- 5 gar- 5 shad- 5 mullet- (30 fish total)

we will be doing our points a little different this year. We will be awarding points for how you finish in a tournament like normal, we will also be awarding points for how your big fish ranks among the other teams. For ex. If you finish 1st in the tournament you will get 50 points. And if you have the 3rd biggest fish you will receive 30 points. I think this will make it interesting, and make a close race at the end.

For the points championship pot we will score your 5 highest scoring tournaments (not including state shoot)

rules for this year are pretty much the same as last year.

-teams need to be at the blast off location by atleast one hour before official sunset.

-weigh in time will be 2:00 am until the time changes, then it will move to 3:00 am.

- entry fees will be 30 dollars per member, and 40 dollars per non-member unless otherwise stated. Kids 17 and under shoot free with paying adult.

-no cheating
    -no gigs or nets allowed in the boat
    -no excessive drinking
    -all teams must follow all scdnr rules
    -only gaffs under 6' in length are allowed to aid in landing fish
    -sportsmanship is a must. Please be courteous to other teams while fishing and while at the ramp.
    -teams late to weigh in will be deducted 5 lbs (or 5 fish in numbers tournaments) per minute up to 10 minutes, after 10 minutes they will be disqualified.

Any team caught breaking a rule will be subject to disqualification, and possible revoked membership.

Teams will receive points depending on how they place in each tournament. At the end of the year, who ever has the most points will be crowned the 2013 lowcountry bowfishers champion. All membership dues, non member fees, and 10% of each tournaments pot will be put towards the championship pot. Two yearly big fish, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, along with the rookie of the year prize, will be payed out.

Points will be awarded as followed- (for tournament finish and biggest fish)

1st- 50 points
    2nd- 40 points
    3rd- 30 points
    4th- 20 points
    5th- 19 points
    6th- 18 points
    7th- 17 points.......and so on until down the line.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

looks good sir...strong work
    You can grow up to be just like me....

and I should be good any of them days for mtg...Friday is nice, early Sunday is good too. Whatever, just gonna donate again this year.

Hope the weather is better than last year!

Well one thing is for sure, it cant be any worse.

Does the big fish points mean everyone will weigh a "big fish" of each species or will every one just weigh their biggest?
    Last edited by BigBallin; 01-30-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigballin View Post
    does the big fish points mean everyone will weigh a "big fish" of each species or will every one just weigh their biggest?
    we will still pay out two big fish (big carp and big cat) but the points will go for the teams biggest fish nomatter the species. So you can win big carp with a 22 pounder, and get a cash payout, but if your biggest catfish was 30lbs, that will be the one that goes towards the points...

Make sense? Essentially, we will only be giving out points for your biggest fish over all, but will pay out two prizes for two species.

I still need to find out where I can redeem my carp points from last year. Bojangles nor BP station had a clue about them or how they could be applied to our purchases!

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsc View Post
    i still need to find out where i can redeem my carp points from last year. Bojangles nor bp station had a clue about them or how they could be applied to our purchases!
    bwahaha. You was on the wrong side of the tracks.

I'm not going to be able to make a few of those but will see ya in March.

Has the first cooper tourny always been 5,5,5?

Quote Originally Posted by thebighun View Post
    Has the first cooper tourny always been 5,5,5?

no. last year it was big ten + mudfish or something

ok i thought it was different last year.

^internet lurker? You gonna show up for tourneys this year or just "prefish" the tourney trail?
    Btw Friday night would be good if we gonna have pickup afterward just sayin but either way is good

All depends on my working schedule, seemed like i had to work the nights of every tourny last year but the prefishes we had satisfied me enough. i hope to fish in most of them but i wont make it friday due to work as well but who knows what the year will bring

Lol