Thread: Saluda river trout

Default Saluda river trout

Thinking about giving it a try in the morning for first time this year. Anyone tried lately?
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Me and my friend walked up to the the first set of rapids and wadded out and there were abunch of the fingerlings that they stocked in December jumping all around the rocks but they were tiny. We fished with beetle spins. Didn't catch a one also the river is high
    HEY BO WAKE UP THE DUCKS ARE FLYIN!!

Check your PMs in errrrr...5 minutes.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

ive been hitting it . water has been run alot.anyone want to get together and kayak ar wade for em shoot me a pm..
    my heart will always be with dixie.

My dad fishes over there a good bit. He went a few weeks ago but I don't think he did any good. He has caught some decent fish over there over the past few years though.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I need to get back out there, haven't been since summer.

Anyone tried it yet? I am thinking about giving it a shot this Saturday. Looking for a good place to wade or might take the kayak if it's worth the float. Thanks.

I miss the city limits fishing Columbia provided.

Between the stripper run, saluda trout, and smallies I stayed busy during the Spring in college.

Keep a link to the USGS gauge downstream of Murray handy. It can save you the time of driving out there since the water level is unpredictable.

I've thoroughly enjoyed exploring Columbia's waterways.

Not many places you can fly cast for trout in the morning, cast plastics for smallmouth midday, and toss plugs to striper in the afternoon, the catfish after dark....without taking the boat out of the water but once.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I've thoroughly enjoyed exploring Columbia's waterways.

Not many places you can fly cast for trout in the morning, cast plastics for smallmouth midday, and toss plugs to striper in the afternoon, the catfish after dark....without taking the boat out of the water but once.
    but at the end of the day, you are still in columbia...jk, sort of

River has been to high!
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

With all of this rain most of the trout are probably in santee by now

Don't really care about the little tamies as much, hoping to catch a decent eater or two. Might have to go north for that. Never really fished for trout before.

Water has been too high like coot said.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    Don't really care about the little tamies as much, hoping to catch a decent eater or two. Might have to go north for that. Never really fished for trout before.
    Yeah, all small ones in the Saluda..........