Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gheenoe mud motor

I wanted a copperhead but didn't wanna pay for it. I've got about $700 in mine. A go devil 6.5hp is about $2,500. So I came out on top.

I got a 13' Riverhawk but I am leaning towards building a 6.5 surface drive for it. LMR post up some pictures of the way the boat sits in the water with the motor installed.
    Last edited by Smilee; 11-06-2013 at 03:11 PM.

I bought a powell performance wood duck mud motor for my 1436 crawdad, last year. I am currently hopping up a honda gx200 for it. It is a sweet motor and is really light. I will post pics and performance once I'm done

Man that's a sweet rig. So is that second one with the SD. That a kevlar hull on it?
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

damn I miss my gheenoe now. Ya'll suck, now im gonna have to buy another one
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Thanks! ...Nah it's line-x. I love that little boat. It's a lot of fun to cruise the creeks. It will go almost anywhere. Only bad thing with the long tail is it gets a little tricky maneuvering through a lot of tight trees.

Right now I'm building a front trolling motor mount, that will have 2 offroad lights on the front too. Then it will be complete untill I get another idea. But the other thing that kinda sucks is the motor placement, in order for the motor to work right the engine sticks inside the boat to where I can't sit on the bench seat, so the cooler is my seat, works out pretty good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    damn I miss my gheenoe now. Ya'll suck, now im gonna have to buy another one
    I know where a super nice one is forsale...

Thought this might interest someone.http://greenville.craigslist.org/boa/4130561653.html

Quote Originally Posted by tsigmon View Post
    Thought this might interest someone.http://greenville.craigslist.org/boa/4130561653.html
    Same boat as in second pic, and same boat I was referring to that's for sale. It's an AWESOME rig for sure. We have a lot of fun in these little boats.

LMR what mods you have on your motor?

slap a 15 hp outboard on one and see how much you are smiling when you get done

This was mine

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY6rCSKOHeA[/ame]
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

I'm thinking REALLY hard about putting together a B60 or a B72 with a Copperhead for my all around boat(fishing, riding the lake, hunting, etc). The main problem is how far I'd have to drive to find a dealer.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Phone man I've got a buddy that has a 9.9 Yamaha 2 stroke I wanna put on it just to see how it does. And I can't get your video to play...

I think my 15 ran about 26 or 27. We and Mudeagle both had one. Cut the front benches out and refiberglassed the floors. They were awesome, we had fun messing with them. Just needed to downsize the fleet at the time.

Smilee, I've got a robertsons torque tube exhaust. NR Race filter. And rejected the carb, and just run 93 octane. 93 helps out, it will sputter with 87 since I rejected it. That small filter sticking up is just a breather, and I put an hour meter on it. NRracing.com has everything you need. I also took the baffle out of the muffler which made it super loud, but I have another one I will use duck hunting. U can hear that exhaust without a baffle literally over a mile away.

Phone man your river hawk is painted up sorta like my other one.