Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upstate baiting question?

Oh, now the chief rubberhead shows up to comment. [img]graemlins/fu2.gif[/img]
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Originally posted by LabLuvR:

Why would we plant corn anyhoo, I've got a nice experimental plot of alfalfa doing just well. Try your hand at that sometime buster. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Now that's funny.

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smokin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smokin2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/farmerjohn.gif[/img]

Where is my corn bubba, I am hungry!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Labluvr you and Cat need to just go ahead and get a room
    More fuel = more boost!!

Where is my corn bubba, I am hungry!!
    I think that's one of those saying they have on lonely nights at the fire house, aint it?

I'm scared to reply Moats. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    12-26-98 12-1-13

I'm scared to reply Moats. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    12-26-98 12-1-13

You silly double postin' mofo...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Originally posted by Moatsy:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Where is my corn bubba, I am hungry!!
    I think that's one of those saying they have on lonely nights at the fire house, aint it? </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

This state has a rep amoung other states and many bilogist as being "slow" on the deer management. So, whatever input Ruth has does not usully concur with the generally accepted views. This state has done a poor job of deer manamgement and continues to do so.
    Leadership in Service<br /><br />Dream Big and Dare to Fail..<br /><br />\"And the sky was full of Anatadae\".. Mr. Buck

While we're talking about it, what is the difference in baiting with corn and hunting food plots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

One is baiting and the other is not....
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

If you plant a food plot to attract the deer and you then hunt over the food plot are you not baiting? I don't really see a difference. Not trying to endorse baiting, I can kill deer either way, I'm just saying that when you plant a food plot for the deer to eat with no intention of ever harvesting the crop you have planted, it is no different than the guy who actually harvests the corn and then puts it out for the deer to eat. Just something to think about.....
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Kinda the same thing as planting corn and then flooding it for ducks???? That is legal ... Dumping corn in the water is not...

That's exactly what I'm getting at. It's the same thing, may be legal, but its all done for the same reason. I'm trying to debate the legal issues of baiting / planting, just stirring thought as to what baiting really is. Baiting is anything done to lure or intice. Food plots are planted to intice the deer to feed there. Corn is planted and then flooded to entice the ducks to come there. Many people are busting a guys chops for hunting over a corn pile, when they are hunting over a biologic field. Just something to think about. Oh, just for you Cpiper, baiting is also defined as : To set dogs upon (a chained animal, for example) for sport.

I will jump on in... I do hunt over some corn piles. Some of my stands I hunt over natural areas. Some stands I hunt over food plots. (beans, sunflowers, bio-logic, etc.
    I hunt over corn piles b/c the deer like corn... We have 800 acres planted in corn every year, and even after combining we have enough food for a LONG time...
    I hunt over natural surroundings b/c I feel that a corn pile may spook a wary ole buck. I just leave everything like it is.
    I hunt over food plots b/c it is a great attractant. I plant food plots b/c they contain different types of nutrients for antler growth, etc.
    The planted vs. dumped debate has been going on a long time on this forum so I am not even going there. I personally do not see a problem with planting corn, millet, whatever, for hunting reasons. I also do not see a problem hunting over corn piles, whether it be for deer, ducks, or anything else. As long as, and I emphasize this, limits are enforced....

Hunting w/out a corn pile = hunting.

Hunting on a corn pile = dump and wait.

Ah...seriously...who really cares. Deer are plentiful and not that hard to kill with or without a corn pile.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

For real. I could care less. Tending corn piles and having to keep up with the neighboring baiters would wear me out on the entire endeavor I think.

I hunt corn piles, I also hunt public land where baiting is not allowed and i have also hunted food plots. The only thing i am saying is that a lot of the guys who bash hunters for putting out corn are planting food plots. There is no difference. Deer do not just magically appear on corn piles. Everything we do as hunters is meant to lure the game close enough for a shot. We plant corn just to flood for the ducks, but we can't throw any out for the same purpose. You can plant for the doves, even bush hog it down, but you can't throw any out. No matter if you plant it or harvest it and then throw it out, its all meant for the same thing. I'm just saying that it is time we stop bashing the guy who chooses the corn pile for the deer while we hunt over our food plots and say we're not baiting. I know that leagally, food plots are not considered baiting, but we all know its the same thing. I agree Mirrorman that the limits are what needs to enforced. Plant it, throw it out, whatever you want to do, just don't think that planting isn't baiting.

VERY WELL SAID.